Towns & Villages of Albany County
The towns and villages of Albany County each have their unique and often historic character - we have provided a listing with links to get you started on your explorations below.
Albany County has a wealth of Historic Sites and Parks to explore as well as Libraries and Museums.
Albany County offers a wide variety of housing choices throughout its urban, suburban, and pastoral communities.
Albany County is full of history, culture and beauty which makes it the ideal place for tourists to visit.
Here you'll find general ideas of the different conditions relative to business operations. Population breakdowns include gender, age, race and ethnicity, which can be used to identify consumer markets in Albany County.
- Census Bureau Quickfacts: Albany County
- National Association of Counties: Albany
- Free Public Records: Albany
Working in Albany CountyThe Hudson Valley has one of the most diverse economies in the country. The range of industries includes high technology as well as agriculture, tourism, higher education, health services, finance, legal services, and business services. Ease of access to New York City provides opportunities at the higher end of the income scale.
Major Hudson River Valley Highways include the New York State Thruway (I-87, I-90), the Taconic State Parkway, I-890, and I-787.
- Albany County Transportation listings
New York State has many incentive programs for relocation and investment. Your business could qualify to become tax-free if it expands in or relocates to one of New York State's 62 Empire Zones (formerly Economic Development Zones).
New York State's Empire Zones (EZs) are designated areas throughout the State that offer special incentives to encourage economic development, business investment and job creation. Certified businesses located within a designated zone are eligible to receive significant tax credits and benefits. EZs are comprised of abundant vacant land, existing prime industrial and commercial buildings, skilled workers and ample power and water resources.
Empire Zones are located throughout the ten-county Hudson Valley Region.
- Marist College Bureau of Economic Research - Provides quarterly data on key economic indicators for the Hudson Valley Region as well as public interest research, analytic, mapping and consulting services.
- Empire State Development - New York State's economic development agency.
- New York State Citizen Guide - Provides links to New York State Business information.