header

Credit: Marist College Library Archives and Special Collections

Ever Rest: The Jasper F. Cropsey Home and Studio

LOWER HUDSON

http://www.newingtoncropsey.com/

49 Washington Avenue

Hastings-on-Hudson, NY 10706

Hours: The Homestead is closed during the months of December, January, and August.

           The Homestead is open from 10AM – 1PM Mondays through Fridays.

Tour appointments may be arranged by calling Mrs. Teresa Bernert at 914 478 1372.

Phone: 914 478 1372

 

Historical Description:

"The Cropsey Homestead, also known as Ever Rest, was built in 1835 and purchased by Jasper F. Cropsey in 1885. Cropsey extended Ever Rest by adding an artist’s studio to it in 1885. He is one of the prominent members of the Hudson River School of Painting."

 

The Site:

"The interior of the Homestead fully reflects the atmosphere of the Hudson River Valley during the nineteenth century. Under the care of Mrs. Teresa Bernert, the Homestead is maintained in its original condition. Original sketches and studies by Cropsey are displayed as are period furniture, artwork, and décor of the nineteenth century."

 

Directions:

Call for directions.

edit