The towns and villages of Columbia County each have their unique and often historic character - we have provided a listing with links to get you started on your explorations below.
Columbia County has a wealth of Historic Sites and Parks to explore as well as Libraries and Museums.
- Historic Sites & Museums
- Federal Parks
- State Parks
- County Parks
Columbia County offers a wide variety of housing choices throughout its urban, suburban, and pastoral communities.
Columbia County is full of history, culture, and beauty which makes it the ideal place for tourists to visit.
- Columbia County Tourism
- Columbia County Lodging Association
- Empire Zone: Columbia-Hudson Partnership
Here you'll find general ideas of the different conditions relative to business operations. Population breakdowns include gender, age, race, and ethnicity, which can be used to identify consumer markets in Columbia County.
Working in Columbia County
The Hudson Valley has one of the most diverse economies in the country. The range of industries includes high technology as well as agriculture, tourism, higher education, health services, finance, legal services, and business services. Ease of access to New York City provides opportunities at the higher end of the income scale.
Major Hudson River Valley Highways include the New York State Thruway (I-87, I-90), the Taconic State Parkway, I-84, I-287 and I-684.
- Columbia County Transportation listings
- For the Hudson River Valley
New York State has many incentive programs for relocation and investment. Your business could qualify to become tax-free if it expands in or relocates to one of New York State's 62 Empire Zones (formerly Economic Development Zones).
New York State's Empire Zones (EZs) are designated areas throughout the State that offer special incentives to encourage economic development, business investment and job creation. Certified businesses located within a designated zone are eligible to receive significant tax credits and benefits. EZs are comprised of abundant vacant land, existing prime industrial and commercial buildings, skilled workers and ample power and water resources.
Empire Zones are located throughout the ten-county Hudson River Valley Region.
- Marist College Bureau of Economic Research - Provides quarterly data on key economic indicators for the Hudson River Valley Region as well as public interest research, analytic, mapping and consulting services.
- Empire State Development - New York State's economic development agency.
- New York State Citizen Guide - Provides links to New York State Business information.