P.O. Box 84
Peekskill, NY 10566
Hours: Saturday 1-3PM, May through December. Call for an appointment.
The restored Victorian mansion of the Herrick House is home to the Peekskill Museum. The home was owned by prominent Peekskill lawyer, Dwight S. Herrick. The house was designed by the famous architectural firm of McKim, Mead, and Bigelow. After Mr. Herrick died, the home passed through several hands before being acquired by Mrs. Ida Adams. By the time Mrs. Adams acquired the home in 1937 the house was slipping into disrepair. In 1944, Mrs. Adams presented the home to the Field Library as the site for a museum. The museums goal is to collect and preserve artifacts, objects, publications, documents, photographs and other items related to Peekskill's History from earliest settlement to the present.
The museum contains a variety of exhibits relating to the history of Peekskill. The Ladies Victorian Bedroom, The Mario Boyle Children’s Room, and The Peekskill Stove Collection are permanent exhibits in the museums. The museum also contains a variety of special exhibits that are on a temporary basis.
From Route 9 exit at Hudson Avenue, and South Streets. Proceed up South Street past the Post Office. Turn right onto Union Avenue. The Museum is across the Street from the Assumption Church parking lot.