The Nellie Tyrrell Museum
Edinburg Historical Society
PO Box 801
Edinburg, NY 12134
Hours: Call for current hours of operation
The Nellie Tyrrell Museum was originally the Beecher Hollow School. This one-room school was built in 1860 on property once part of the Walter Vaughn Farm. It replaced an earlier log school that was located just above the present Copeland Bridge. The building served as a school until 1930 when it became the Town Hall. In 1975 it opened as the Edinburgh Town Museum and was renamed the Nellie Tyrrell Museum in 1979.
The 1200 square foot Nellie Tyrrell Museum holds archival documents, such as photographs, maps, drawings, books, articles, pictures, paintings, and public and personal records. In addition, exhibits include "An Early Schoolroom," "Life in Batchellerville,” "Women's Work,” "Military Contributions," and "Leather & Tanning."
Take Rt.30 to Northville, turn over bridge onto Bridge Street and at intersection with Main Street, turn right, cross spillway, travel up hill to intersection, take a right (Cty. Rd.113) and follow for ~3 mi. to Edinburg 4 Corners. Turn left at Fuller's Corner Store onto Cty Rt. 4. The Nellie Tyrrell Museum is 100 yards farther on the right